Mr. Vick:
I would like to thank you for the brief discussion on The District of Columbia that we had Friday morning in the Target parking lot. I wish however, that the quote you put it the paper would have been about the issue and not my feeling of being approached in the parking lot by a stranger. My quote in your article: "I care more about the yogurt I just bought" comes off a little ignorant on the issue. I do care about our country and its laws. It does make a difference to me if districts are given representation in Congress and it makes a difference when the Second Amendment is involved. I don't mean to say that I will be at the next rally but, I care.
In our breif exchange, I feel I brought up some excellent points, although guarded because, it was hard to know if you were really who you said you were. You did produce a business card but, REALLY, anybody can print up the generic card you handed me. I even debated emailing a better response to the issue once I returned home and googled you.
Perhaps I can hope that nobody reads this quote and thinks that I am so shallow as to care so much about the yogurt in the car, they will understand that I was a mother on the defense wondering if you were who you said you were and keeping personal information private.
Sincerely,
Yogurt lover in Nevada
4 comments:
I've been using pinchingyourpennies.com. I'll have to check out the one you use. Maybe you can find some cheap yogurt to put in that guys face. LOL
That was great Amy; I think you said a lot, considering he was a stranger. I would have reacted the same.
you're soooo famous! cool!
Crazy story. I read the article...you were definitley misrepresented. That is so classic drive-by media! I'm glad you wrote this letter.
Post a Comment