Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Wholey Moley! Really?!

Today I was hit with a ton of bricks.  Not really but it felt like something and I surely didn't like it.  I have been playing volleyball with some fun friends and lately I have not been hitting the floor and going for it like in previous months.  My knees have really been hurting.  My knees have been hurting so bad that today...and here it is...I took ibuprofen before I played so my knees wouldn't hurt.  How "old-person" is that?!  I have to take pills before I do something physical.

Here is the other one that hit me today.  My father-in-law gave me some pictures from our wedding and I decided to scan them before they intermingled with the other family photos around here.  I came across a picture from the temple on that warm August morning, the sky was clear and beautifully blue.  These pictures told another story...the sky was purple, periwinkle even.  Holy cow!  Fifteen years of marriage and our pictures are already fading and showing the years.  I shudder to think of comparing that baby-faced couple to the ones who now claim the wisdom and fun and experience of those fifteen years.


(With a very weak attempt at Photoshop, this is slightly closer to how I remember the day)

2 comments:

2tired4ever said...

We missed you at lunch! It helps the knees too.

2tired4ever said...

We missed you at lunch! It helps the knees too.