In case you have been around me and heard for the billionth time that Archer is working on his Eagle, here it is on the blog for those few interested parties that pass our way. Part of the requirements for this award is to earn the Personal Fitness badge and as such, we had to time Archer running a mile. He did amazing and I immediately had ideas of him running with me on all of my 5ks. Yeah, that really wasn't in his plan at all but he is a kind son and humored me with a race early Saturday morning. This race was put on by a local track club and you could do 2 miles or 4 miles. We chose to run 2 miles and I let Archer take his own pace and I took mine with a constant eyeball on the Diabetic son. He did really well and greeted old mom at the finish line. We had a very nice beginning to our day. How many people get to see a beautiful sunrise, run a few miles, and share a donut with their 13 year old? I am not sure but I know I did and it was a memory that I won't soon forget.
Sunrise
Before
A little sweaty after
A wonderful start to my day and could it get better? Absolutely! Rob, his parents, and I went to see Wicked. I had heard of the show but had been burned by all the hype of previous shows like Les Mis, Phantom--all over hyped and I was left disappointed. My brother, not a huge purveyor of the arts, highly recommended Wicked as in- you should drive down to California to see it- recommended. Well, Wicked came to Vegas and my father-in-law treated us to the show. A. Maze. Ing! Love it, want to see it again, must take Mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment