Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Are you kidding me?????

Tonight I was driving home from Archer's basketball practice. It was 8:30 and I was watching my surroundings, hands on 10 and 2, very cautious, checking my mirrors and every other thing Coach Reed taught in Drivers Ed. When, WHAT?? Can my eyes be seeing this right? I checked with Archer and he confirmed, Yes, Yes those are Christmas lights. I have a nice thought about how over zealous these people are to light it up so soon in November but it was nice to see. Well, the drive continues two more blocks and now I think, "HOLY COW!" A second house was totally lit up and with lights covering all of the shrubs. Now I am thinking we might be behind in our festivities but a quick reality check reminds me...





IT IS ONLY NOVEMBER 11


Don't get me wrong, I love the holiday season. I love to decorate, I love the Griswold look even. But really? Do we really need to start the competition this early? Really?




Please comment.




3 comments:

Amy said...

YOu should have just hung your christmas garland instead of your fall. Thanksgiving must feel so bad about itself.

Don and Kelley said...

Don and I agree!!!! We start decorating the day after Thanksgiving. Being from back east, I believe you have to celebrate Thanksgivng, not start celebrating Christmas at Halloween!

LAYTON FAMILY said...

I'm with you, sista! I feel that poor Thanksgiving gets the brush off, so we refuse to decorate until the day after. GIVE THANKSGIVING IT'S DUES, PEOPLE!!!