Monday, December 14, 2009

So, we've been busy

It has almost been a month, holy smokes! I can't believe how fast time goes by. Why can't time pass like this while waiting in the doctor's office or the post office? I usually have a stomach ache in the doctor's office and I do have a stomach ache now, anticipating all the holiday things that I should be doing but am instead blogging. I should be checking my list twice or probably even for the first time. I should be gettin out the wrappin. I should be baking and filling my home with the wonderful smell of pumpkin bread and cookies, or at least dinner. But my friends, I will push it all back until tomorrow, the stores will still have stuff, my list will not get any shorter, the gifts will be glad to be unwrapped for another day and the less baking, the looser my pants seem to stay. I will play Super Mario Bros. with my family, we will eat something junky for dinner, we will plan something fun for Wednesday because there is no school and I will stay up clipping coupons. I may even take a long soak in an extremely hot bathtub. That sounds happy and merry to me. I hope you all can find your happy and merry too. Because, we need to mix in some happy and merry with all the preparation.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Amen! I needed that.

Brett and Heather said...

My sentiments EXACTLY!!!