Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Feelin out of the loop

So with all the big H1N1 news and concern, the schools are teaching our children the importance of sneezing or coughing into your elbow crook instead of into your hand and spreading germs everywhere.

That being said, I haven't said anything to my kids about where to sneeze, just glad they are covering it up. I am still old school however, and sneeze into my hand. Today, I was busted. And I am sure you know by who. How is it that the 3 year old catches everything except when you tell him to put away the toys?

This afternoon I sneezed into my hand and Ridge says, "Your hands are covered in germs!"
Wanting to see where this goes, I said, "What should I do with the germs?"
Ridge:"Mom, you should sneeze in your elbow!"

Let that be a lesson to all that it is now the rule to sneeze into your elbow. I would not want you to be schooled by the pre-school set like I was.

No comments: