Sunday, January 30, 2011

First trip to St. George for 2011

Rob's grandma turned 80 this month and we went to Cedar City to celebrate.  Who can go to Cedar and not stop in St. George?  We made a few extra stops this time around.  We found a few new favorites too.

First stop:  The Sweet Tooth Fairy.  I had read about this bakery on a blog that I stalk enjoy and wanted to try it and this was the time!  Worth. The. Wait.

I had read about the Va-nie-la cupcake that was named after the author of the aforementioned blog and was leery of the whole gourmet cupcake thing and expected a dry, overpriced bit of cake.  This was AMAZING.  Worth the trip.

They also had these cake bites and they were good but it was determined that the cupcake was the way to go, even though it wasn't chocolate!


Second stop: Five Guys Burgers and Fries.  Our first time at this Fazoli's turned burger joint.  Loved it!  Make sure you get the briefing before you order, a small burger means one patty and the fries can feed at least two people, it seems they have almost every topping imaginable.  BUT if you have a problem with peanuts, this is not the place for you.  I am not sure why they have peanuts in the shell around the restaurant for you nibbling pleasure, it is a fast food joint, ya can't wait to cram your face?  I think the idea is to promote that they use peanut oil which is WAY healthier when it comes to FRY-ING your food.  Anyway, not the place for some of our favorite friends who are allergic to peanuts.


Third Stop:  Grandma Gardner's Gala.  We did finally make it to Cedar City to eat some more and enjoy visiting with family.  We listened to stories about Grandma and watched tributed to her from family far and near.  We are so grateful for the blessing of being able to live close enough to family to spend time together.

I love how Ridge looks like just a head on Grandpa's shoulder!

1 comment:

Stefani Bellows said...

I heard the slide-show you did was AMAZING!! So sad we didn't get to see it in person! We will have to try these yummy places next time we are in St. George! Can't wait!