This gynormous bowl of potatoes is now a legend.
Thursday, November 25, 2010
Thanksgiving
This year Thanksgiving was different. My mom was able to find great relief in some back surgery and I was able to host Thanksgiving for the first time EVER! I can't claim all of the credit, my dad helped with cooking. I don't know what I would do if I had to be the one responsible for working over the turkeys. YUCK! I had a small decorating committee that helped set up. I also had a separate clean up crew that finished off a few stacks of dishes. We had 29 people feast at our home and it was lovely. I am truly grateful for the chance I had to "do Thanksgiving". I have gained an even greater appreciation for all the work that my parents put into "doing Thanksgiving". I really appreciate the love that is put into our family gatherings. Yes we did buffet style but we used real plates and place cards and centerpieces and dishes with real ingredients and only the pies were store bought. That is putting the love into it. I am thankful for all of those that came and shared together. But I am mostly grateful for the successful surgery that brought my mom and all of her zeal back!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment