In December we attended Archer's first band concert. It was great. I, ever the crybaby, swelled with pride to watch my gawky, head-bobbin, pre-teen keep time to the music. This May we gathered again to watch the much improved band dazzle us with their skills. They have skills. Some, of course better than others but when combined, it was wonderful. I still enjoyed lots of slack-jawed head-bobbin that goes along with keeping time. There may have been less head-bobbin outside of the percussion section however, our main focus was on the drummers.
Archer impressed us with his dexterity of playing the snare and bass drums, the rock shaker, and the triangle. I have to admit that seeing my boy play the triangle made it difficult for me to keep from exploding with laughter. I grew up enjoying Ed Grimley, a true proficient.
My boy is of course much more than Ed Grimley and he rocked out that triangle like no other. I think it might be time to say that I am the proud mother of a middle school band member!
No comments:
Post a Comment