Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Silver linings

Tuesday morning comes and we are ready to resume normal life, school, homework, horseback riding, dinner, and on and on...  I complete my morning drop-off and return home to freshen-up the living room for my Relief Society meeting but on the way into the house, I discover our water heater has given up and is letting lose in the garage.  I called my dad and he walked me through how to drain the heater.  Next I tackled my meeting and then began about the business of finding a water heater.  Here come the silver linings.  How lucky that this leak didn't start two days earlier when we were in California.  Our heater was still under warranty and only cost a trade-in fee which my uncle got us a deal on because he is connected.  I was able to get my dad together to load up the heater, turn it in, get a new heater, and help my dad install the new one.  AND we found out that we can park my dad's truck sideways in our garage!

No comments: