So, school has started and I finally feel like I am getting a handle on the "summer ho
me" we have been living in. Some may say wallowing by the way this place looked for the last few weeks. I have gotten the closet in shape, the master bathroom is without any superfluous paint cans, hammers, and shelf brackets. Dishes are clean and stowed safely in their proper compartments and not under the seat in front of you. The floors, oh the floors. I have vaccuumed at least the first layer of filth up. I have even scrubbed the tile until I am satisfied that I would in fact, eat that Krispy Kreme donut that fell on the floor. (Of course, it would take a lot before I would let a Krispy Kreme go.)
me" we have been living in. Some may say wallowing by the way this place looked for the last few weeks. I have gotten the closet in shape, the master bathroom is without any superfluous paint cans, hammers, and shelf brackets. Dishes are clean and stowed safely in their proper compartments and not under the seat in front of you. The floors, oh the floors. I have vaccuumed at least the first layer of filth up. I have even scrubbed the tile until I am satisfied that I would in fact, eat that Krispy Kreme donut that fell on the floor. (Of course, it would take a lot before I would let a Krispy Kreme go.)I would just like to say how wonderful it is to have even a partially clean home. I absolutely love clean sheet day. There is nothing like getting into bed with crisp clean sheets that smell like detergent and closet. Some people don't care for this smell but as for me, LOVE IT! The best way to enjoy said sheets is fresh out of a hot bath.

And another thing. I love the clicking and popping sounds of the vaccuum when the floor is surrendering all the lovely debris scattered by the fam. I think I would feel like it was pointless to vaccuum without these sweet sounds. For this reason I also enjoy my bagless vaccuum. At least I have a visual that something is coming off the carpet.
I am finding pleasure in these simple things. A clean house is calming and wonderful and there is satisfaction in getting it done.
1 comment:
What the H-E-double hockey sticks has gotten into you??? I thought we had an agreement that our houses would be filthy together!
Now, will you PLEASE come and do mine.
Post a Comment