Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Maybe too serious

I have figured something out. It is painful, it is enlightening, and it is another step in accepting. I have been so very anxious the last few days and the best that I could figure was the start of school and the start of bootcamp, and can I get up on time. Yesterday during lunch with Rob, I figured out why I feel so anxious. I have felt anxiety for Emma going back to school. It is like ripping off a band-aid; everything is fine, everything will be fine but, there is the wonder; did it heal, will it stick to the band-aid, did it leave a scar?

Emma did great going back and meeting all of her old friends and teachers. I learned that there were two new friends in Emma's class. The friends are third-graders which means Emma MAY get to stay at O'Roarke for another year! WONDERFUL!


Would these new friends take attention away from Emma's needs, would Emma defend herself if the need arose, would new friends be added during the year? I know that she will be fine however, last year was comfortable and we all know how nice the comfort zone is.

I hope that these feelings will dull with each passing school year. I don't know if it will as the schools change and we hit middle school and high school. The best I can do is remember: that which doesn't kill us, makes us stronger. Look out, Honey, I am getting buff!

No comments: