Friday, August 21, 2009

Sometimes it works out in "The E.N.D."

We were in St. George last weekend and Rob and I decided to buy the new Black Eyed Peas cd. We made sure there was no warning label on the disc and were ready to get our Boom Boom Pow rockin.

Not two minutes into the disc, we were hit with four swear words. I shut off the disc and decided our family won't have it. The next day, I went into Target to return the disc, knowing that the store policy is to only replace a cd, not to refund the price. I explained that there was no advisory label, and as luck would have it, the manager was near by and gave his approval for the return! It is great to know that when you stand up for what you think is right, you sometimes win the fight.



This is of course just three weeks after we were in St. George and Rob had purchased a George Lopez comedy cd, which did not have an advisory sticker (and it is WAY more offensive than the Black Eyed Peas disc). We did not return that disc. I was just not going to get jimmy-jacked twice!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Ok, you know I have a potty-mouth and I'm not all that pure, shall we say. BUT, I am shocked at some of the things I see & hear that are geared towards kids. Recently, Alyssa was watching Nickelodeon (Hannah Montana, I think) and a movie commerical came on that had foul language. Seriously, it was 8:00 at night! And, this weekend, I bought the movie Corline for her. Rated PG, so I figured it would be fine. It is downright creepy, even for me, and there was a "cabaret" scene. I feel like such an old fuddy-duddy, but I can't help it!