
I have started on quite an endeavor--Boot Camp. I, a very not-morning-person, get up at 5:30 in the a.m. to work out strenuously for one hour. I am sore. Sometimes I even limp a little. Today the luxury has been, I cannot move my arms to a fully extended or fully flexed position. Just try wrestling into a sports bra in such a condition! So, sports bra on, and no tears shed, I backed out of the drive way and was greeted with the Thursday night moon brightly shining and reminding me that it is still nighttime on my biological clock. But, I press on. I make it to the neighborhood park where I will push myself and feel the burn. I am learning to love the burn. In fact, I hope to love it so much that I will one day go to the bathroom without wincing on my way down. (Here is one time that being tall doesn't pay.)
I am really enjoying boot camp in a "no pain, no gain" kind of way. I even enjoyed when a friend in the class told me I was a graceful runner. Graceful is not a word generally used to describe me. In fact, we gave our daughter Grace by using it as her middle name! At least one Gardner is grace-full.
No comments:
Post a Comment