Saturday, October 24, 2009

Disneyland again

We made one more trip down to the Happiest Place on Earth this last week. We had a great time, my brother and niece were able to join us and it was just great.





We did have a trip of firsts.


First, we set off the smoke detector in our hotel room. Luckily not one hotel staff member was imposed upon to make sure that we were not indeed on fire. Thank you, Fairfield for making us feel at home.


We then encountered my first bee sting at Disneyland. A very authentic situation: we were leaving the Pooh Bear ride with the buzzing bee sounds and all when the ride attendant said, "there is a bee on your shirt." We all believed him to bee kidding. He again stated the fact and when I looked, there was a bee starting a descent down Rob's back. I very instinctively flipped Rob's collar and watched the bee land on my ankle and by the time I realized what I did and thought to get my leg out of the way, I was stung.




We watched a toddler sleep peacefully in his stroller and then realized he was unattended and waited for a parent to show. Finally I got some help and quickly a security guard waited for the parent to return. We were shocked to see the very young mother walk through the line we were in, grab the sleeping child and awkwardly carry him back to her place in line. We figured he was alone for a good 20 minutes.


We rode rides we hadn't been on in years and gave Ridge his first taste of the Rocket ride. Thanks to Uncle Jason, Rob and I rode Big Thunder and the California Screamin roller coaster.


We also enjoyed a fabulous fireworks show while standing in line for the Rocket ride.


Great trip!



4 comments:

Tim and Brittney said...

Looks like you guys had an eventful trip!! I cant believe that girl left her child alone at disneyland... most people have their children on leashes there!

Stefani Bellows said...

So Jealous!! We were so sad not to be able to go again during October. Maybe next year . . . I totally have Disneyland fever already. I'm glad you guys had a great trip.

steph j. said...

Love the stories and pictures from your latest trip we also took one last trip before our passes expired, it looks like we missed each other by a week. Sorry about your bee sting...those hurt! I will always think of you now when I am getting off the Pooh ride and I will be paying attention.

Dave and Marie said...

I'm so happy for you, it sounds like you had a lot of fun!