Have you ever seen the women at the mall with the threads offering to groom your brows? I was never tempted by these women. I recently had a discussion with somebody that had never had a waxing but had an eyebrow threading and said that it was painful. I was intrigued and had to learn for myself if there was a pain worse that plucking out hairs one at a time and usually pinching your skin too. I prefer the pain of ripping out several hairs at once and plan to maintain between waxings (plan, I said plan).
I went to a really nice-looking store front, not Eyebrows R Us (really, there is such a place) but something with Diva and Beauty in the name. I slunk down i the chair and the threader lady had me pull the skin above my eyebrow toward my hairline and the skin below my brow line toward my eye.
What I can tell you is eyebrow threading falls exactly between plucking and waxing. The bonus to threading is you can hear a crunch type of sound when the threads and the hairs collide or maybe it is the hair being ripped out of your skin, I don't know. I also don't know if I recommend it, I suppose there is a better chance of me returning to the threading than of me plucking on my own.

2 comments:
I am getting a laugh out of your post. I frequent Eyebrows R Us about once a month. I just went last week and you are right...there is a little bit of a crunch sound. However, my brows look much better after the crunching.
Emily has been going for about a year now to eye brows are us! she loves it! I met your father in law at my brothers ward.
Post a Comment