Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Ode to the 80's

Remember when we had toys that weren't sewn into the packaging? Remember when you could put in batteries without a tool or two? You could even take out the 9-volt and lick it to see if it zapped your tongue. (Thanks to my two uncles for that info) Remember when toys lasted?

Well, I saved my Barbie Corvette. Why keep it for years and years? Probably so my daughter could play with it. Why would she want to play with a vintage toy? Why when she has more than she could possibly play with? I Don't Know. But I did and I got it out, cleaned it up, peeled of the brittle stickers and marveled at the simplicity of toys back then. It doesn't honk, toot, rev, or sing. (Wouldn't that be nice to have a quiet toy these days!) It was a novelty received well by all three children and quickly put into play.

This beauty came with a CB, and a tape deck!


No comments: