A few weeks ago I found a recipe on a blog that I just couldn't not try. The recipe was for a chocolate crock-pot cake. I know, I know, crockpot cake? Can I just tell you that cooking chocolatey goodness in the crock-pot for a few hours really makes your mouth water, the smell is fab! I do have to admit that on my trial run, my crock-pot cooked too fast and I did not shorten my cook time enough. Even burnt around the edges, this cake was delightful.
Well, I was again tempted by the same blog (it's not even a cooking blog). Homemade Oreos. Really? Yes! Yes! Really! I thought there was no way to make something as wonderful as an Oreo. Super cold milk, dunk it till the bubbles are gone (a tip from Aunt Joyce) and you are ready for the right amount of soggy cookie and solid creamy middle. Let me tell you, it does get better. These homemade Oreos are made of Devil's Food cake mix and they are, my friend, of the Devil. A food that makes you wanna eat the entire pan can't be of anything else. Come over, the first one is free!
2 comments:
I have tried these, my friend, and you are correct. They are of the devil. Sin never tasted so good!
ummm... yummy! I have a friend that made this cake in the microwave and it was ohhhh so delish!!! She put chocolate syrup in and the cake batter and voila!! It was so good... I'm glad you posted this. It reminded me of that simply wonderful cake.
Post a Comment