I am on a mission to implement better choices into my lifestyle. Through this process, I have learned some things about myself that I don't see as helpful in acheiving the fitness that I am looking for.
Point number one. I have decided to push away the Pepsi for two-thirds of the week. That is right my friends, good-bye sweet nectar of the gods, hello H2O. I actually am doing pretty good with this. I do hit the soda for sure on the weekend but I don't start the day off with it and I don't have it on an IV drip so, I am calling that a success! I am on week three of cutting back the cola and I am expecting that I will soon need some suspenders for my comfort slacks and as of yet, that ain't happenin.
Point number two. I have been exercising for an hour a day most everyday. I also have increased my volleyball play during the week. Where is the increase in energy? Where is the, "wow, I feel so pumped" feeling? I have always read that when you exercise you will feel an increase in energy and stamina, yada, yada, yada. I am ready for a nap. Come Friday, I have had it!
Point number three. I won't even get on the scale. Enough said.
Point number four. Why are the camera men on workout videos clearly over-weight? When I make my video, I will be sure to hire the most fit crew there is. I will let you know when we start production!
Point number five. Calorie burn for the brain power it takes to talk yourself out of the dish of ice cream at night is way too low. I believe that when you close the freezer empty handed you should be minus at least 200 of those bad boys!
Point number six. Why is it when I drank a bucket of soda during the day, stayed up until 1 am, got up at 7:30am with the children I didn't feel near as tired as I do when I drink no soda, barely make it into bed before I fall asleep at 10:30ish and snooze the alarm at least once?
Fitness? FITNESS? So far, my observations are proving that fitness is overrated!

1 comment:
I couldn't agree more on the workout. People say it gets easier and easier and that you will need or want to workoput. Not me I dread it every day and barely find the energy to push play on the VCR. Keep it up.
Post a Comment