Friday, May 7, 2010

Sharing some more

Tonight I got to take Emma and Ridge to our favorite pizza place.  (Dad and Archer went to a movie for a boys night and to celebrate Archer's birthday early.)  Our pizza place is next to a dance studio.

We slowly ate our cheese pizza and giggled and winked and laughed together.  I sat with my children and enjoyed the moment.  I was noticing the dancers that were emerging from the studio while we ate.  Girls, little girls skipping and doing pirouettes.  Bigger girls giddy with what they had just learned leaping toward the car.  And still bigger girls with releves and leaps through the parking lot.  There were dress bags full of pretties that I can only imagine.  There were up-dos and buns.  I was entranced.  I was allowing myself to think about the beautiful recitals that I will miss.  I allowed my self for one split second to mourn.  I was quickly brought back by Emma saying, "look, tail.  Mom, tail."  Emma had used her reflection in the pizza shop window to give herself a ponytail and was beyond proud.  I complimented her style and skill and soon after reveled in the sound of her naming the letters painted on the window of the shop.

I may not have a dancer.  I might not have had a dancer if I had a girl without issues.  I have Emma and she is smart and fun and I absolutely love to look into those sapphire eyes.  Nothing matters when you find that moment of love in her eyes.  She loves me and I love her and we don't need anything else!

No comments: