Our kids loved it. Those of us with a more discerning palate decided there was WAY too much
Monday, July 18, 2011
Homemade ice cream
I found a blog that had lots of fun recipes for homemade ice cream that were simple and didn't require an ice cream freezer. I was up for the challenge. Little did I know the challenge of finding the ingredients for our chosen flavor! I discussed our options with my three co-chefs and we settled on Krispy Kreme ice cream. Yes we did! We headed for the grocery store and found all but the donuts and if you have ever had a Krispy Kreme, you know there is no other like it. (especially NOT the grocery bakery kind, blek!) Albertsons used to carry them, no luck. The corner gas station only had one. Contemplating hitting a third gas station or actually driving down to the Krispy Kreme store was our dilema. We decided to try station on the way home and Bingo! we were in business. Mix mix mix, freeze, and eat.
Our kids loved it. Those of us with a more discerning palate decided there was WAY too muchgreasy donut in the mix. All in all, a fun adventure!
Our kids loved it. Those of us with a more discerning palate decided there was WAY too much
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment