In the ho-hum everyday chores of life, there are those moments where I feel like Wonder Woman.
I had folded the three loads of laundry that were waiting on my bedroom floor, put in two more loads, and then tackled the various items that had also collected in the room. There really is no need for carry on luggage to not be put away one month later. Also, it is time to move that fake plant closer to the door. I did the dishes, sent the children to school, had the one year old content, I was feelin it! I decided to treat myself to a little somethin South o' the Boarder. While en route to said Taco Bell, my favorite brother called to check in. We have great chats. We were comparing our accomplishments for the day his included sleeping in, mowing the lawn, a little freebie fast food lunch and off to work. Not bad until I said, "Off to save some lives." The score was pretty even until I thought about what he was going to do at work. Jay is an ER doc and he saves lives. WOW!! To make a difference everyday for random people. Well, I got my burrito and returned home satisfied with the progress I had made for the day but with a new perspective on "what did you do today?"
I think my brother is a real life super hero.


2 comments:
Amy - it takes one to know one. You're pretty fab yourself. Love ya, Jenny
There are different kinds of super heros.
Post a Comment