Friday, May 30, 2008

Retirement

Archer and I had a wonderful discussion on the way to school yesterday, it went something like this:


Archer: So you have to work at a place for like 30 years before you can retire, right?


Me: Usually but it depends on the company and if you have enough money saved to live on when you retire.


Archer: Yeah, and when you get old, like if you were a mechanic, you might not be very good at fixing cars any more and you might get fired.


Me: Maybe, and then you have to get another job and sometimes it is harder for old people to get a job.


Archer: Well, if Grandpa Archie has to get a new job, he could just get a job at Dad's work because it would just be sitting around all day.


I guess we need a refresher on what Dad does--helping people, working for the greater good, graduate degree education.....

1 comment:

Amy said...

I really thought all Rob did was sit around at work. How else would you be able to stay at home with the kids, drive a kick a-- car and live in a nice house?