Sunday, May 4, 2008

I AM the Cure

Today I participated in the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure with my best friend, Amy. It was wonderful. I really felt that I was part of something. I feel very patriotic when I hear the national anthem-to the point that I usually well-up with tears. I had that feeling the entire race today. I was really struck by the "In celebration of" and "In loving memory of" bibs that many people wore. It was such a reminder that life is short and we need to celebrate our families. We had a great day, the weather was beautiful, the race was short (we just walked the 1 mile), and we weren't too scared Downtown!

The mayor was at the race. That is Oscar Goodman in the suit on stage. I didn't want do Stalk-a-ratzi him so, this is as close at it gets. Not bad on the zoom for my little camera!

Speaking of stalking. This is Sherry Swensk, the weather person on channel 8. I love to watch the weather report. Amy gets all the credit for this picture. I was ready to jump in the picture but I was too chicken to ask for the photo. That's why Aim and I are such a good team, she makes up for what I lack.

1 comment:

thekerrclan said...

Hello - you look like twins! I love the Race for the Cure...they do it in September or October around here. It's very personal for me...and I get very emotional as well.