Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day


It seems that Rob is a well liked guy by most all that know him. I thought that too and that is why I picked him! I am grateful for the father he is to our children. I have always marveled at the opposite nature of our personalities. That same thing carries over to our parenting. It is a good thing that children have a mom and a dad. Dad seems to loosen the reins and Mom keeps just a tight enough hold to love and nurture. Rob has so many wonderful qualities that make him a great dad. I think the art of distraction is quite helpful for us, when there is crying or contention, Rob has an ability to change the subject and keep everybody happy. Being a big kid is fun too. Rob loves toys and bikes and playing outside maybe more than his kids do! I know that lessons are being learned and patience taught by his example. I am grateful for the father of my children.


I also wanted to mention how grateful I am for my dad. I have been curious about how my dad grew up and with every passing year we share more and more and I marvel at what a man he is. I have grown closer to my dad over the past few years as we spend nights walking two and a half miles and talking about life and whatever comes to mind. I really cherish those times to learn, to love, and to understand. There is a quote by John Wayne that for some reason reminds me of Dad. "Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway." I have never seen my dad scared, just always saddled up and ready to do what is ahead of him. I am grateful for the example that you just do it!

No comments: